Philmont Parents Rally
A suggested program for early fall.
Purpose of the Meeting
- To acquaint parents and youth with Philmont and the risk advisory
- To share with them the calendar of events leading up to departure for Philmont
- To inform them of procedures regarding payment of fees, BSA Annual Health & Medical forms, equipment needs, travel itinerary to and from Philmont, age requirement
- To introduce expedition leadership
Philmont maps posted on wall with photos of previous trips. Table with snapshots, souvenirs, mementos from Philmont, etc. Display personal equipment needed and have a backpacking demonstration.
- Welcome and Introductions
- What Is Philmont?
- A talk by a youth or adviser who has been to Philmont and slides of previous expeditions, Philmont's VCR presentation Philmont - The Right Stuff or VCR presentation Introduction to the National High-Adventure Bases (available from council office or Philmont's Tooth of Time Traders). Keep this fast-paced and limited to 30 minutes.
- Read and distribute copies of risk advisory to parents.
- Administrative Details