Traveling to and from Philmont is an important part of the high-adventure experience. Most contingents will find transportation the largest expense in the budget. Study the various travel options before making a final decision. Choose one that has the greatest appeal and is affordable.
Philmont participants have found public carriers to be reliable transportation to the ranch. Consult the passenger department of any of the following carriers for scheduling information and costs. Your local travel agency can also provide this service.
Philmont does not endorse any agency or vendor listed here, but provides this information to assist groups in making travel and lodging arrangements.
- Airlines to Denver (270 miles from Philmont), Colorado Springs (190 miles), Pueblo (159 miles), Albuquerque (220 miles), and Amarillo (220) – obtain chartered bus directly to Philmont, OR Greyhound Lines (800-231-2222) to Raton.
- Charter bus service arranged at home direct to Philmont.
- Amtrak Train (800-872-7245 or www.amtrak.com) to Raton – Philmont bus to/from Philmont.
- Amtrak Train to Denver – obtain charter bus directly to Philmont or Greyhound Lines (800-231-2222) to Raton – Philmont bus to/from Philmont.
- Thrifty Car Rental (800-847-4389) – Seven- or 12-passenger vans available to rent from Albuquerque, based on availability.
- Advantage Rent-A-Car (Albuquerque 505-247-1066) – Rentals available.
- Grayline of Colorado (800-345-8197 or http://www.dencospsr.com/) daily carrier with direct service to Philmont from both the Denver International Airport & the Colorado Springs Airport.
Inquire from airlines reservations personnel about supplemental chartered airline services offering packaged plans with reduced group rates.
Summer shuttle service is available to Philmont from Albuquerque, Denver and Colorado Springs airports and the Raton Train Station. These shuttles are not available for 12-day, 9-day, 7-day, or cavalcade crews. Arrangements for crews must be made directly with the shuttle companies.
Travel companies serving Philmont include the following:
- American Limousine & Transportation (505-877-7576 or www.americanlimosabq.com) Transportation service in Albuquerque, NM.
- Blue Sky Adventures (877-225-8375 or www.blueskyadventures.net) charter service from Albuquerque, Denver or Colorado Springs.
- Champion Charter Bus Denver (303-482-2792 or https://www.championcharterbus.com
- Cornerstone Bus Leasing & Rental (844-496-8287 or www.cornerstonebusleasing.com/philmont-shuttle-rental-discount) Rental/Leasing of Mini-Bus Chassis from Denver or Colorado Springs.
- Go Shuttle, LLC (888-722-1483) van shuttle service from Denver and Colorado Springs.
- Gray Line of Colorado (800-345-8197 or http://www.dencospsr.com/) provides transfer services to/from Philmont for groups or individuals from both the Denver International Airport & the Colorado Springs Airport.
- Herrera Coaches, Inc (505-242-1108, fax: 505-242-1125)
- Leading the Way Tours, Inc (866-696-5073 or email@example.com) charter services from Colorado Springs, Denver or Albuquerque.
- National Charter Bus (303)-317-3208 or https://www.nationalbuscharter.com/denver-charter-bus charter services from Denver and Colorado Springs.
- Premier Charters, Inc (303-289-2222 or firstname.lastname@example.org) provides service from Denver and Colorado
- Ramblin’ Express (800-772-6254 or 719-590-8687 or email@example.com) service in the Rocky Mountain region.