- 6 days and nights
Fee: $550 in 2021
- Register: By individual
- Season: Summer
- Age: 14 years of age (or 13 years of age and completed the 8th grade) and
not yet 18 (for Scouts) or 21 (for Venture Scouts.)
- Crew Size: Provisional patrol will be organized upon arrival at Philmont
- Leadership: Leadership and Youth Protection provided by Philmont
- Registration: Anytime
Who May Participate?
To be able to participate in NAYLE, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops or Crews (ILST or ILSC) and National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT).
- Be in top physical condition; a BSA Annual Health and Medical Record is required.
- Be 14 years of age (or 13 years of age and completed the 8th grade) and not yet 18 (for Scouts) or 21 (for Venture Scouts.)
- Hold a unit leadership position.
A payment of at least $250 is due when you complete the online application, with the balance due 30 days prior to arrival. However, be aware that only registrations paid in full are considered complete registrations. The cancellation fee of $250 is nonrefundable.
Session 1: June 20 – 26 – Session Full
Session 2: June 27 – July 3 – Session Full
Session 3: July 4 – 10 – Session Full
Session 4: July 11 – 17 – Session Full
Session 5: July 18 – 24 – Session Full
Session 6: July 25 – 31 – Session Full
Shuttle service is available to Philmont from Denver, Colorado Springs and Albuquerque airports. Please refer to Getting to Philmont under the Planning Your Visit tab for the shuttle forms. These shuttles are not available for 12-day, 9-day, 7-day, or cavalcade crews.
Please note that the shuttle servicing Denver and Colorado Springs cannot transport a Scout with “unaccompanied minor” airline status.