2022 Fee: $550
- 6 Days and Nights
- Register: By individual
- Season: Summer
- Age: 14 years of age (or 13 years of age and completed the 8th grade) and
not yet 18 (for Scouts) or 21 (for Venture Scouts.)
- Crew Size: Provisional patrol will be organized upon arrival at Philmont
- Leadership: Leadership and Youth Protection provided by Philmont
- Registration: Anytime
National Advanced Youth Leadership Experience (NAYLE) is the ultimate experience where young men and women can enhance their leadership skills through team building, ethical decision-making, problem solving and service to others. The NAYLE program takes place at the Rayado Ridge Leadership Camp, approximately 8 miles from base camp and situated in the beautiful foothills viewing Urraca Mesa and Crater Peak. The youth participants will camp in a team setting that enables them to use their leadership skills to resolve challenging situations. The week concludes with a closing challenge for each Scout to use what they’ve learned in service to others.
Participant outcomes may include:
- The skill, ability and motivation to become a dynamic and effective leader through advanced, practical application of NYLT skills
- The ability to function well in team or group situations
- Nationwide resources including new ideas and contacts that can only be gained through a national program
- Personal written commitment to apply NAYLE skills back home
Before you begin, please apply for a my.scouting.org account using the youth’s BSA ID number.
To login, you must use the youth’s my.scouting.org account to start the reservation. The system will verify age and current BSA registration to meet NAYLE requirements. If the system blocks your registration, please contact your local council to verify membership records.
Parents, please do not use your BSA ID number to register your Scout. The system will prohibit you moving forward.
All Faculty must use their my.scouting.org to begin their registration. If blocked, please contact your local council to verify membership records.
Who May Participate?
To be able to participate in NAYLE, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops or Crews (ILST or ILSC) and National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT).
- Be in top physical condition; a BSA Annual Health and Medical Record is required.
- Be 14 years of age (or 13 years of age and completed the 8th grade) and not yet 18 (for Scouts) or 21 (for Venture Scouts.)
- Hold a unit leadership position.
Session 1: June 19 – 25
Session 2: June 26 – July 2
Session 3: July 3 – 9
Session 4: July 10 – 16
Session 5: July 17 – 23
Session 6: July 24 – 30
Session 1: June 18 – 24
Session 2: June 25 – July 1
Session 3: July 2 – 8
Session 4: July 9 – 15
Session 5: July 16 – 22
Session 6: July 23 – 29
A payment of at least $250 is due when you complete the online application, with the balance due 30 days prior to arrival. However, be aware that only registrations paid in full are considered complete registrations. The cancellation fee of $250 is nonrefundable.
Shuttle service is available to Philmont from Denver, Colorado Springs and Albuquerque airports. Please refer to Getting to Philmont under the Planning Your Visit tab for the shuttle forms. These shuttles are not available for 12-day, 9-day, 7-day, or cavalcade crews.
Please note that the shuttle servicing Denver and Colorado Springs cannot transport a Scout with “unaccompanied minor” airline status.